Welcome

WELCOME TO C.A.E!

Monday 1 August 2016

Paper 4: Speaking. Part 2

More Tips:
  • Comparing photos can include mentioning similarities as well as differences.
  • You must deal with both questions asked by the examiner and printed with the photos.
  • You should compare the activities in the photos in a general way, without trying to describe all the details of each photo




Useful Language



What strikes me about the first picture is the fact that...
This picture reminds me of...
Judging from the photograph, the children...
The man appears to be...
From what we can see here, he must...
There are many similarities...
Both pictures depict...
Both pictures are quite similar in that they show...
When you give it a closer look it reveals...

The first picture ... whereas the other picture ...
Another important difference is...
Picture ... doesn't show ... as clearly as ...
Picture ... attempts to ... but I think picture ... does this more effectively...
All pictures are interesting, but ... gives a stronger idea of...

It's difficult to tell from a photograph but this picture could have been taken in ...
I might be wrong, but I'd say that this picture ...
I would imagine/guess that this picture comes from ...

Picture ... is by far the best to show because ...
To me, picture ... is essential for this kind of publication.

I'm surprised there is no picture showing...
A picture of ... would get the message across more effectively.
The cover would be so much better if we had a picture of ...
So let's look at the alternatives ...

The name for this escapes me at present, but it's for/it's like ...
The name for it is on the tip of my tongue ...

Source: http://sciaga.pl/tekst/75447-76-useful_phrases_for_speaking_paper_fce_cae_cpe


No comments:

Post a Comment